Last update: 01.03.2019
The following terms and conditions were drafted to provide you with the best possible experience of TimeJump. They protect your use of our application; they protect the content you exchange or share, and allow us to ensure the smooth operation of the continuity of our service.
The Service is provided to you by the French company TimeJump SAS, a “société par actions simplifiée” with a capital of 1.000 euros registered under number N843 313 362 and having its registered address at 70, rue Mademoiselle – 75015 Paris, France.
Article I. Registration and access to the Services.
To access to the Services, you agree to the following obligations that you undertake to respect and that are detailed hereinafter:
- You must be at least 13 years-old to use the Service.
- For users between 13 years-old and 16 years-old whose place of residence is in the European Union, we need to get the consent of your parents before collecting personal data. This is why we can ask for the consent of parents and/or legal representative in order to access and use the Service.
- In order to register you must provide us your phone number, and fill out the name, first name and username fields. To simplify and secure the registration process for the application and the Service, we use Facebook’s “Account Kit” feature. By entering your mobile number, you will receive a SMS containing a confirmation code that will allow you to identify yourself with one time code in order to validate your registration.
- You agree to use the Service in accordance with any applicable law or regulation. You agree not to use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. We would like to specifically stress the necessary respect of copyright, trademarks and any intellectual property right.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and use of your account. You warrant that all information given to TimeJump during your registration or use of the Services is true and accurate.
- We must insist on the importance of respect for privacy right and respect of people. You agree not to use the Service in any way that violates or infringes the image rights or privacy rights of third parties. You undertake not to use the identity of any third person and undertake not to use the Services to defame, intimidate, harass, or threaten any person or entity. You also agree not to assist or encourage any third party to be a perpetrator of such acts.
- You are solely responsible for the security of your account. More generally, you are solely responsible of the content published on or via the Services.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the Services to whoever without any justification. We also reserve the right to suppress any user account, specifically but not only if we decide, at our own discretion, that the use of the Services contradicts the Terms of Services.
Article II. License.
TimeJump grants a personal license to use the Services. Such license is free, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, revocable, for the whole world and only for you own use.
It is strictly forbidden to use TimeJump’s APIs by any mean other than the agreed official versions of the Service and for any other mean other that the use of the Service. In particular the use of the Service for spamming or flooding is forbidden.
All scripts, personalized graphics and icons are intellectual property of TimeJump SAS. You are not authorized to copy, imitate or use them, in whole or in part, without the prior written authorization of TimeJump SAS.
This license does not give you any right on the content published on or via the Services. As a consequence, you undertake not to copy, represent, adapt and/or exploit any content published on or via the Services except for content that you own of for which you have a written authorization of its owner.
Article III. Financial conditions and advertising.
Access and use of the Services are currently free of charge. TimeJump makes no representations about the sustainability of free service and reserves the right to subsequently change its pricing principle for all users or for certain categories of users only.
TimeJump is a free of charge Service and we don’t use ad-banners or advertising inserts. It is possible that we may decide in the future to finance the Service through advertising. You accept that TimeJump may display advertising on the Services linked to your profile.
Article IV. Mobile phone and associated costs.
The use of the Services may imply data costs billed by your operator including charges for sending photographs and using the mobile Internet. We recommend that you inquire with your telephone company and you acknowledge and agree that that you are solely responsible for such costs.
Article V. User representations and warranties.
You represent and warrant that you are the owner of the content published on or via the Services or that you have owner’s authorization to publish on or via the Service such content.
You acknowledge that the Service allows you to publish content on other applications. You guarantee that you know and will respect the terms and conditions of use of such applications.
Article VI. Protection of personal data.
Any personal data that we will collect through the Services will be kept and treated in accordance with the law n°78-017 of January 1978 on privacy, as modified.
As part of the Service, and in order to enable you to use the functionality of the Service, we collect and use personal data. We use these personal data to provide you with the Service, but also to improve, customize, correct or market it.
If you refuse to provide information necessary to the operation of the Service, you may not have access to the Service.
- When registering, we will need to collect your mobile phone number, as well as the name and surname and username you provide.
- To enable us to adapt the Service we collect information about the mobile phone device you are using (model, operating system, browser, IP address, language).
- We propose to find other members of the Service among the contacts in the contact list of your phone. In order to use this feature of the Service, you may decide to provide us with access to your contact list, and thus to the telephone number of the persons appearing on this contact list. In this case, you authorize us to have access to these details and you confirm that you are authorized to provide us with these telephone numbers. We inform you that in this case, only the phone numbers of your contacts are collected and transferred to our server, excluding any other personal data about you or your contacts.
- You can however refuse this synchronization and refuse any access to your contact list by managing the permissions directly in the TimeJump application settings.
When you use the Service, we collect information about your activity and your login information. This information is collected automatically to enable the operation of the Service.
The Service does not include geolocation but we may collect location information if you enable the location feature of your device.
Access to your personal data is strictly limited to TimeJump and, where applicable, to our subcontractors. The subcontractors in question are subject to a confidentiality obligation and can only use your data in accordance with our contractual provisions and the applicable legislation. Except as provided above, we will not sell, rent, assign, or give access to third parties to your data without your prior consent, unless we are compelled to do so for law, fight against fraud or abuse, exercise of the rights of the defense, etc.
In particular, we do not transfer your telephone number or the telephone numbers of your contacts to third parties for advertising or commercial purposes.
When you register, you expressly consent that the datas can be transfer to our subcontractor, which provide services such as analysis, statistical studies, support and storage. In particular, we use the services of service providers to analyze your use of the Service and to improve the TimeJump application and the services offered. For example, we use Firebase Analytics to determine, among other things, the number of installations and screens consulted on the Service, in order to allow us to manage and adapt the Service as well as to improve our application. The collected data is collected at the aggregate level of the users and processed in the form of anonymous user data and profiles, which will not be associated with your personal data without your separate and express consent. Please be aware that this Analytics tool does not collect data and does not analyze your contact list or any third-party applications on your device such as Photos / Movies / Media.
Some of our subcontractors are located outside the European Union. For example, when you use the Service outside of the European Union, your data is potentially transferred and stored on a server located outside the European Union.
We guarantee that transfers of data outside the European Union are made under conditions that ensure the confidentiality and security of your data, and with an adequate level of protection in compliance with the applicable regulations.
The following guarantees are taken to ensure a sufficient level of protection of your information and personal data:
- The country of the recipient (s) of the datas provides an adequate level of protection,
- The recipient (s) adhere to the principles of the “Privacy Shield”,
- We make our best efforts to in all cases to ensure that subcontracting contracts incorporates the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission on the protection of personal data.
Article VII. Manage your account and your personal data.
In accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions, in particular the law with the law n°78-017 of 6 January 1978 on privacy, and the European regulation n ° 2016/679 / UE of 27 April 2016, you may exercise, under the conditions set out below, the rights granted to you by law:
- Update or delete your data by logging into your account and configuring its settings;
- Exercise your right of access and to know the personal data that concern you
- Ask for the update of your data, if these are inaccurate;
- Request the portability of your data or that your data be deleted;
- Request the limitation of the processing of your data.
In order to do so and to exercise these rights, please sent us a request:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By courier at Time Jump SAS – Personal Data – 70 rue Mademoiselle 75015 Paris (France).
You can at any time manage, modify or delete the information and data accessible within the Service:
- You can choose to keep your profile and your TimeJump account “closed”, which means that you can only use the Service with registered persons and when your phone number appears in their contact list and who have authorized the Service to access their contact list, and with people you have added and accepted as a contact in the TimeJump application. You can also choose to opt for an “open” profile, which means that you can interact with any user of TimeJump who would decide to contact you.
- You can manage your contacts via the “Settings” menu of the application, and can configure your contacts, and the groups to which you belong. You can also manage the information about you (name, username, photograph /avatar …). Finally, you can choose the information you provide to other users of the Service and that are accessible to them.
- You can change your phone number and request the transfer of your account to a new telephone number. In order to make the transfer, you must send us a specific request at the following address: email@example.com.
We only keep the users data for the time necessary to provide de Service.
Given the proposed Service, which includes allowing the reception of messages and media at a chosen and predetermined time in advance, we specify that the messages and media that you exchange via the Service (ie messages and media already addressed and received) are stored in the recipient application. Messages and media are also stored on our servers.
Some data such as phone number and name can be stored in the Cache of the device of the recipient of a message for a while, even if these data are erased from our server.
You have the right to delete your TimeJump account and remove the application from your mobile phone. Deletion is done directly via the “Delete” function in the application settings.
When you delete your account, we remove from our servers all data relating to your profile (phone number, name, first name, username, picture, avatar), as well as all messages created and all messages sent that have not arrived to opening date yet. Please be aware that it is not possible for us to delete messages and media that you have already sent and that have been received by their recipients on their recipients’ accounts. These messages and data will be kept in the recipients’ application and on our servers, and they will be reported as having been sent by an anonymized “TimeJump User” profile, without your last name, first name, username, avatar or your number. Once your account is deleted, we will no longer be able to provide you access to this past data, since they will have been anonymized.
Article VIII. Disclaimers and security.
The Service is provided to you “as available” and to the extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the Services will always be available, timely, perfect or error-free and/or that any information or content obtained through the Services will be timely or accurate.
We make our best efforts to ensure that our Service is operational and secure. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the Service is completely free of bugs or errors, especially in the codes we develop. We will make every effort to correct any error that we identify, or that would be reported to us.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee permanent access to the Service, and you agree that the Service may experience interruptions or malfunctions, including but not limited to maintenance or emergency corrections.
The Service is not a hosting services and it is possible that content published on or via the Services is lost or erased. We encourage you to store the content that you publish on or via the Service on a platform other than TimeJump or on a device. You recognize and accept that TimeJump cannot be held responsible:
- In cases of default, loss, or error in data transmissions, delay or ahead of time transmissions;
- In case a message and/or data is sent to a wrong or incomplete address;
- If data are not conveyed to you for whatever reason or if the data you receive are incomplete or unreadable or impossible to analyze;
- In cases of modification or unavailability or termination of the Service; and/or
- In cases of loss of content.
We use a secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) communication protocol to ensure the security of the Service and the confidentiality and integrity of the data, messages and media (photographs, video …) that you exchange via the Service. You acknowledge that Internet and the Service may be subject to security breaches and that the content published on or via the Services is not fully secured.
Article X. Severability.
Article XI. Contact.
- via email at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- via courier at the following address: TimeJump, 70 rue Mademoiselle – 75015 Paris, France.
Article XII. Applicable law and jurisdiction.
Any dispute that is not resolved amicably shall be submitted to the competent court under the Paris Court of Appeal.